Friday, May 2, 2014

Finishing up some of the electrical and transmission work.

Believe it or not we are still waiting on the rear end and brake parts. Really making this build more difficult than necessary but we just keep plugging along. Once we receive those parts we can install the rear end and the brakes. We will then be able to install the engine and transmission and start attaching all the electrical ends we have been working on and buttoning down a lot of peripheral things such as bolting down the gas tank, riveting paneling pieces in place etc.

Steve has really been doing a yeoman's duty on the wiring of the car. He seems to like that aspect. We worked today on getting the gear shift paraphernalia installed. Really interesting how all of that comes together.

I've been playing around with a console we will use. Trying to do a little mock up of what it will be.

When I ordered my engine I ordered with it braided spark plug wires, they make it look a lot better than black ones. When the engine arrived the wires looked pretty bad in that they weren't cut to size and some were too long making them look very uneven. So I ordered a new set of wires, measuring exactly how long I wanted them and you guessed it, when they came in they hadn't followed my instruction correctly. But Taylor, my grandson, and I installed them anyway and we were able to use some of the old ones to make it work. They now look much better.


                        Taylor came over to help me with the spark plug wires.

                              Installed new spark plug wires.


   Haven't shown this before. I had the grill chromed. It should look really great when installed : )
                               
                                    Lots of wiring needs for this one.

   Put in the seat, steering wheel and console to check on gas pedal location.




Installed gear shift paraphernalia. Here you can see the shifter with linkage.


The silver box is the sending unit to be able to display in the car what gear the transmission is in.

      Gear shift knob. I'm installing a 4 speed automatic with overdrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment