Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Engine Buildup

I haven't posted much lately because my kit is still bogged down in NC at Whitby Motors where they have fitted the body parts and will be painting the car. Stewart Freight was supposed to pick up the kit on Dec 11th, minus the body parts they will be keeping for painting, and then it got moved to Dec 21st and the last time I talked to them they said my guess was as good as theirs. That really instills a great deal on confidence doesn't it : (   I'm not a very happy camper. It's been 6 months since we were out in NC buttoning down what I wanted.

I did receive my Ford 351 CI motor and TCI 4 speed AOD tranny from Proformance Unlimited from NJ. I want to install a Lokar shifter for the transmission and in order to install this shifter we have to modify the shifter arm that came on the tranny to a Lokar shifter arm, so we've been messing around trying to get the parts ordered and the tranny ready for the new arm. Taylor, my grandson, is my number one apprentice so he was helping me with this.

We also were able to store the engine up on top of the lift to free up room. Our next step on it will be to mate up the tranny with the engine and then store both of them up on top of the lift until we're ready to install them into the car. Luckily my friend and building mate Steve is storing the Cobra over at his house. I had to talk really hard to get him to store it for me : )

So here are a bunch of photos of the engine build as well as a utube link of the engine being dynoed. It ended up at 427hp. Here is a link to when they ran the dyno test  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafzJ9coDfE&feature=youtu.be


Here are the engine build photos.



 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment